This chapter explains how to use Linux commands date and cal in Shell.
Date and Calendar
● Here we are going to learn few simple commands.
● The first command that we are going to learn is the date command. If you want to view the date, you just have to type date
● Now if you type Date,DATE,DaTe,….Then you will have an error, that is because in Linux, the commands are case sensitive.
● But don’t worry about this issue, because almost all the commands consists of all lower case letters.
● If you want to view the calendar of the current month, then just type cal ● If you want to view the calendar of the current year, then just type cal y
The clear command
● You would have probably noticed by now that your terminal screen gets filled up very quickly and you may like to clear it up.
● You can achieve that by just typing clear
● Ctrl+l is a shortcut that achieves the same result as clear.
The exit command
● If you want to close your terminal session then you can just type exit